Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering turnkey workforce solutions to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled. Right now, one of our clients has this opportunity.
Our client, a large plastics and chemical company, is seeking a Technical Writer for their office in Calgary, Alberta. This is a part time one-year contract position with full time-long-term potential.
- Own the process to improve communication and documentation of Responsible Care Standards and Corporate Procedures
- Work with subject matter experts to standardize and convert existing standards and procedures to an ISO based Management System
- Work with ISO consultant to reorganize the existing Management System to an ISO model
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users' understanding
- Perform any other assigned tasks related to writing and documenting.
- Facilitate development of new and improved business processes
- Provide guidance to SMEs around sustaining processes and procedures
- Provide guidance on developing appropriate communication of processes and procedures
- Bachelor's degree
- 7 - 10 years of technical writing experience
- Experience within a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience with various forms of technical communication
- Knowledge of varied documentation delivery options, with experience in preparing online and print documentation
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects, within teams as well as independently
- Proven working experience in technical writing and documentation preparation
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written and digital communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of SharePoint considered an asset