Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking a technician to work within their facilities located in Houston, Texas for a long term contract through 2023.
20% of traveling to Ingleside and around the Houston area for vendor support, offshore visits, fabrication yard visits. This will be covered by company when traveling to the different sites when needed.
- Knowledge of Engineering Standards.
- Simultaneous Operations (SIMOPS) scheduling and management/coordination during offshore integration.
- Electronic permit to work (Engica) experience to develop, review, and update work permits or JSA's as necessary.
- Experience participating in PSSR's.
- Demonstration of ability to work with limited supervision while in the engineering phase through offshore execution.
- Represent the Project and Ops Team as the SME on all Process Automation and Controls FAT's as required.
- Working knowledge, development, and utilization of the Operator Training Simulator (OTS) for all Project related activities.
- Ability to complete deliverables assigned, regarding Project Operations Planning Processes.
Automation and Controls Experience: Specialist / Senior level of technical knowledge / experience in Automation and Controls. Demonstrated understanding of providing operational input to development, selection, design, fabrication and testing of integrated control systems, including:
- Field Instrumentation
- PLC (AB, GE, or equivalent)
- DCS (Foxboro, Yokogawa, Emerson, or equivalent)
- RTU / HMI (Wonderware, etc.) hardware, software design, and programming.
- Emphasis on complex facility automation experiences to include development of operating procedures and equipment strategies, brownfield integration, topside and subsea controls. Including design, mechanical completion and pre-commissioning support at fabrication sites, hookup / commissioning support offshore and startup planning / execution.
- Upstream Operations Experience: Thorough knowledge, experience and exposure to upstream topsides process systems in an offshore environment. Exposure to Subsea Operations processes and integration systems. Working knowledge of rotating equipment control systems. Safety System experience in floating offshore production facilities, with emphasis on GOMBU regulatory requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Major Capital Project (MCP) setting with experience in the installation, commissioning, and start- up of offshore oil and gas facilities.
- Previous MCP experience including previous Phase 3-4
- Leadership Behaviors: Ability to demonstrate We Lead Behaviors. Experience in supporting a positive, IIF-IFO, performance based operational culture aligned with the tenets of Operational Excellence. Proactively seeks out and shares lessons learned.
- Water injection experience considered a plus.
- Associate degree in a technical field