Our client, a Canadian petrochemical company, is seeking a Turnaround Cost Controller to work on a contract within their facilities located in Joffre-Alberta, Canada.
We are currently seeking a Turnaround Cost Control contractor who will play a key role on the Joffre site Turnaround Team. Reporting to the Turnaround Manager, with direction from the cost control coordinator, the successful candidate's duties will include budget preparation, forecasting expenditures, and tracking and reporting costs to the turnaround manager. Your involvement in each turnaround will last the entire turnaround cycle, from project creation to project close-out.
- Responsible for Budget management
- coordinate the budget development at each phase of the turnaround as per current standards and guidelines;
- develop the cash flow and report actual vs. planned expenditures as per the established schedule (monthly, weekly, and daily during execution);
- assess all aspects of turnaround costs across the life of the turnaround, including actual, committed, and forecasted costs.
- Create and manage work orders and purchase orders for turnaround overheads;
- Effective management of invoices and timesheets to allow accurate forecasting;
- Manage a transparent process of allocation of appropriate turnaround costs to capital projects, as per existing guidelines;
- Provide overall coordination for the company and contractor personnel to ensure timely and accurate reporting of labor costs.
- Certified cost professional through AACE (Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering), or supporting diploma or degree,
- 3-5 years of experience in Cost Control in manufacturing facility is preferred;
- Expertise in SAP modules Project Systems and Maintenance Planner;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and working knowledge of other MS Office software;
- Understanding of Manufacturing Turnaround organizations and project management;
- Attention to detail and the ability to organize data in a high-activity environment;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact within different levels of business and plant personnel;
- Ability to act independently within guidelines of strategies and procedures contained in the turnaround manual.