Video Surveillance Coordinator - Midland, TX
The Video Surveillance Coordinator shall recommend proper equipment, oversee installations, manage video surveillance system software and troubleshoot any hardware/software related to the video surveillance system. Specialize in the design, installation and maintenance of video surveillance systems that include, IP cameras, video storage and management. Additional responsibilities include managing the financial health of all projects, maintaining customer satisfaction and thriving in a fast-paced, growth environment.
- Proper camera selection, lens selection, placement, mounting and lighting requirements
- IP cameras (PTZ and stationary) programming and management
- Live and event/history viewing
- Event/history storage and management
- Video surveillance software programming and management
- DVR/NVR selection, programming and management
- Cabling standards, sizes and limitations
- Network principles - IP addressing and subnets
- Understand fundamentals of electricity
- Proficient computer skills with security management systems and their operations on networks.
- Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Install, maintain, and repair video surveillance systems including cameras, software, and peripheral devices.
- Perform assigned projects within scope, in a timely manner, and on budget.
- Provide customers with system operation and training.
- Excellent attention to detail including maintaining concise daily records and following of operational standards and practices.
- Coordinate with customers and field technicians for project planning, scheduling and installation.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years' experience in the video surveillance systems and low voltage electronics.
- Professional certification or training preferred.