Our client, a major oil & gas player, is seeking someone for the Warehouse Technician position to work within their facilities located in Martinez, CA.
The Warehouse Technician is responsible for the efficient and effective conduct of all warehouse activities on a daily basis, including the receipt, storage, staging and movement of materials as directed by the Warehouse Supervisor/Manager and other authorities as may be designated. This professional is also responsible for the day-to-day monitoring of physical security in the warehouse and should report all security-related issues to supervision/management.
- Material Receipts - (GR) Breaks down and receives incoming shipments by performing 3-way checks, verifying that materials and quantities match between the 1. Packing List, 2.PO and 3. Materials delivered.
- Delivers verified will be processed in SAP.
- Reports shipment discrepancies to Warehouse Supervisor/Manager and completes required forms.
- Labels and stores received material as directed.
- Bar Coding Equipment - Uses bar code scanners, docking stations, and other equipment as required in the documentation of material movement in the warehouse.
- Material Storage and Care - Stores material as directed, conducts inspections of material as required for Lay-up Maintenance or Shelf-life Program. Conducts periodic inventory cycle counts and physical inventories as directed.
- Warehouse Security - Monitors personnel traffic in and out of the warehouse, challenging persons not authorized access to warehouse spaces, reporting suspicious personnel or behavior to Warehouse Supervisor/Manager.
- Ensures that physical security barriers (doors, gates, etc.) are secure at all times.
- Staging of Materials - Stages materials as required to support Work Order materials requirements, preparations for shipment, or transfers to scrap.
- Movement of Material - Moves/relocates materials as required using hand truck, fork lift, vehicle, or other means.
- Material Issues - (GI) pulls material from inventory and staging to be issued to a job.
- Verifies material and issues material from SAP.
- Shipping - Uses Fed EX and UPS software to arrange outbound shipment, conforming to 40 CFR and / IATA when dangerous goods are involved.
- Housekeeping - Keeps warehouse spaces clean and walkways/aisles clear of materials or refuse.
- Other duties - Other duties as may be assigned by Materials Manager / Supervisor / Working Lead.
- Certified/Qualified fork lift operator will be a plus
- Must have experience in refinery or chemical plant
- Must have a TWIC card
- Must be physically able to lift/handle material up to and including 50 pounds.
- Ability to work different shift schedules and hours, including holidays and weekends when required.
- Exhibits good work skills and flexibility in assignments
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a Team environment, supporting the goals and objectives of Maintenance and Production efforts supported by the warehouse.