Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking a Water Resource Technician to work within their facilities located in Zachary, Louisiana.
The Water Resource Technician will liaison and coordinate needs and size of surface frac pits during construction operations, as well as, design and size of future water transfer lines for completion operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure water wells and construction operations are in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Work daily with the water transfer contractors to evaluate their onsite performance and make adjustments as needed to ensure water is available prior to frac jobs.
- Ensure that all landowners obtain proper respect of their property, accurate accounting and fair payment for the use of water from their wells/lands.
- Monitor water well usage (production) on a per well basis and authorize payments to landowners as appropriate for water usage.
- Liaison between field personnel/PTRE&C in working up water usage agreements and ROW access for water lines to effectively and efficiently have water available for the daily frac operations.
- Liaison between asset team and completion engineers to plan and develop a schedule to meet all well critical dates.
- Research use of brackish/non-potable water that can be utilized for frac design fluids.
- Assist in permitting wells for stimulation water supply and work with regulatory group to provide monthly water usage.
- Maintain tabulation of weekly water usage from water meter readings.
- Attend weekly meeting with completions and asset team leaders to priorities the frac schedule to meet leasehold requirements.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experienced level, typically 5-7 years of experience.
- Provides more technical/functional support than administrative support.
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of technology, applications, terminology, and procedures required of job function.
- Performs varied and more complex tasks.
- Makes decisions within broad parameters.