Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking a Well Pad Operator for a 12-month contract in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
You will report to the Shift Supervisor and be responsible for maintaining the safe and reliable operation of equipment within the facility to support SAGD operations, as well as, analyze specifications and control the continuous operation of Plant units and auxiliary equipment.
- Unsafe acts and/or conditions, no matter in what area of responsibility, are to be reported so corrective actions can be taken
- Assist other operators as required
- Communicate with field groups in determining proper inputs and outputs to successfully maintain steady state operations
- Support and maintain KPI's relevant to Steam Plant operation
- Assist in implementing proper maintenance notifications to correct deficiencies as they arise
- Coordinate Start-ups, Shut-downs, Emergency Control and Upset Conditions to maintain a safe and environmentally sound facility.
- Other Duties as assigned by Leaders or Operations Foreman
- Operate the units, monitor and adjust unit controls auxiliary equipment and multiple processing units during processing or treating operations to ensure safe and efficient operating conditions
- Troubleshoot control issues
- Maintain continuous radio contact with the Control Room and Shift Lead to keep them informed of operating conditions to request adjustments of equipment, to carry out on-site readings and convey/implement instructions given by Shift Lead
- Maintain communication with maintenance staff regarding daily activities to ensure safe operations in area of responsibility
- Actively engage in the Competency and Training program
- Minimum 4th Class Power Engineer (ABSA)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Oil & Gas.
- Experience with Commissioning, Start-up, Shut-down, Trouble shooting and Emergency Handling of Process Operations of facilities in charge
- Experienced and familiar with DCS process operation
- Legally authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis without restrictions
- Experience within a SAGD plant is preferred
- Proactive, strategic thinker with analytical skills
- Highly developed communication skills
- Strong mentoring qualities
- Effective team worker
- Good organizational skill
- Safety leader