Junior Mechanical Engineer – Kwinana, WA
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Junior Mechanical Engineer to work within their facilities located in Kwinana, WA on a 12-month initial contract.
About the Client:
Our client is a top-class EPCM consultancy with an enviable reputation for maintaining their high standards in their delivery of a broad scope of services within the Australian resources market.
They have built a very successful global business off the back of consistently delivering a very high standard of work across their projects.
The business has a culture based around connecting teams of talented, high-performance people to deliver major cutting-edge projects across their chosen markets.
Due to a period of high workload, our client is looking to add a suitably experienced Junior Mechanical Engineer to join their Kwinana based site team working on scoping and execution of minor plant modifications.
Reporting into the Senior Mechanical Engineer, this role will provide assistance to aid in the backlog of engineering projects, HAZOP and LOPA actions and assist in ensuring availability and reliability of equipment to meet customer demand.
- Scoping and execution of minor plant modifications to aid in the backlog of engineering projects and HAZOP and LOPA actions.
- Development of pressure equipment repairs and replacements during normal running operations and shutdowns.
- General day to day support including however are not limited to,
- Provide technical guidance in the review of maintenance requirements based on specifications, performance, reliability theory, regulations and standards.
- Assist with design, trouble shooting or improvement work as required and engage with engineering services as required.
- Lead investigations into equipment failure to determine root cause and implementing measures to prevent re-occurrence.
- Assist process and operations in maximising availability and reliability of equipment to meet customer demand.
What you will bring:
- 1 – 3 years’ experience within a similar role.
- Experience in Mining or Oil/Gas industries.
- Sound understanding of reading and interpreting engineering drawings, standards, specifications, and sketches.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a supportive high-performing team.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree recognized by Engineers Australia.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
For further information please contact Patrick Chick via +61 8 6146 4363 or email@example.com