Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry
Airswift is working with one of our major oil & gas clients to find a Laboratory Technician to join their team in a 1-year assignment in Fort Saskatchewan, AB.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Perform accurate and on-time routine and non-routine analysis including final product certification.
- Daily and effective communication with operational, environmental, engineering departments and off-spec notification as needed.
- Troubleshoot and maintain laboratory instrumentation and equipment as per identified standard requirements (i.e. internal QA/QC, preventative maintenance, ISO 9001 and 17025).
- Support continuous improvement to assure reliable operations of the laboratory.
- Work closely with other laboratory team and plant operations to assist in product quality investigations.
- Participate in internal and external audits.
- Chemical Technology Diploma, BSc in Chemistry or Environmental Science or equivalent preferred
- This a rotation schedule 4 day on, 4 days off, 4 days on, 5 days off etc. You will work 2-day shift and 2-night shift of 12 hours.