Lab Technician – Franklin, LA
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Airswift has been tasked by our client- a leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals, to identify a Laboratory Technician for their location in Franklin, Louisiana.
- Set up and adjust laboratory equipment and instruments
- Calibrate laboratory equipment and instruments when require
- Perform physical and chemical tests on raw materials to verify conformity to specifications
- Perform physical and chemical tests on in-process and final manufactured product to verify conformity to specifications
- Provide accurate, timely and reproducible test results
- Record all test results accurately and legibly on standardized forms per current published instructions
- Perform routine / non-routine housekeeping jobs as required to keep area clean, safe and presentable
- Maintain computer data files
- Maintain inventory of materials and notify supervisor when purchases are required
- Responsible for safety and environmental compliance of laboratory work and maintaining safety standards set by the facility safety supervisor. Assures safe disposal of all material coming from the laboratory. Ensures safety of other employees and visitors
- Maintain control charts on testing standards
- Available to work shifts, weekends, and holidays to provide 24 hours/day and 7days/week continuous laboratory coverage
- Perform duties with a minimum of supervision
- Analyze and resolve routine problems that may arise
- Must be able to work shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Excel
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be a high school graduate.
- College education is preferable
- Must be able to communicate both in writing and verbally