LEAD ARCHITECTURE – QATAR
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry
Airswift is seeking Lead Architecture to work on a 36-months assignment in Qatar with our major oil and gas client.
- As part of PMT, provide oversight of contractors responsible for design and engineering of the buildings on COMP2 such as Technical Buildings, Control rooms and Living Quarter Accommodation within the LQ and CP platforms.
- Coordinate and lead engineering discipline technical reviews for the buildings including Architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing and loss prevention, including functional support as required.
- Responsible for ensuring the buildings design complies with the project scope of work, design basis, project specifications, and all international and local codes, standards and regulations.
- Assimilates the Project scope and the technical requirements including the applicable regulations, the Project specific Design Basis and philosophies, the applicable Specifications and International codes and standards.
- Reviews and approves specified Contractor Purchase Order/Subcontract Packages for Architectural equipment and materials; comments on Vendors deliverables, interpret facilities engineering drawings, designs and make necessary recommendations
- Provide input and clarification to other disciplines related to general LQ and Technical buildings scope
- Liaise as required with company’s stakeholders and committees, Production & Procurement department.
- Monitors subcontractors progress on engineering deliverables and PO placement.
- Administers any Management of change process pertaining to the building subcontractor scope related to architectural.
- Makes sure the Contractor assesses various alternative designs for equipment and materials used on the LQ construction that will best suit the requirements and provide high quality and long lasting materials.
- 10 years relevant experience as an offshore architectural engineer and with onshore experience considered as a plus. Must have completed at least 4 offshore living quarter projects and have proven experience in Temporary Refuge, Workshop and other technical buildings such as LER, Electrical Rooms, Battery rooms design.
- Experience in working with vendor documentation for architectural products such as wall, ceilings, floor finish, loose and fixed furniture, doors, windows, raised access floors and equipment for galley, laundry, cold and refrigerated stores, workshops, medical and gyms.
- Experience in working with Building EPC Contractors, managing and document review with the demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Conducted and taken part in Building model reviews with high level of experience in using Navisworks.
- Proven experience and knowledgeable use of internal codes and standards SOLAS, SHELL DEP, BP, IBC, NORSOK, HSE, NFPA