Lead Mechanical Engineer – Kwinana, WA
Our client is seeking a Lead Mechanical Engineer to work within their facilities located in Kwinana, WA on a 12-month initial contract.
Our client seeking a highly skilled and experienced Lead Mechanical Engineer to join their Kwinana-based team in delivering various projects within the mining industry with a focus on processing plants.
As a key member of their team, you will lead the delivery of mechanical engineering services and provide expert support to the high performing team of engineers and designers.
- Deliver mechanical engineering services that meet our client, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise mechanical engineering project requirements.
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- Provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- If required, act as the mechanical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between our client and its customer's requirements.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What you will bring:
- Recognised degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- A background in delivering projects within mining, process plants and chemicals industry.
- Competent use of mechanical engineering specific software.
- Significant experience in a Lead Mechanical Engineer role, preferably within an EPCM environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.