Airswift is seeking applicants for the contract position of Lead Process Engineer to support our chemical manufacturing client in Mobile, AL.
- BS in Chemical Engineering (required)
- 10+ years of experience in process engineering (process design, process improvement, support of production processes) with emphasis on process design in support of capital investment projects (required)
- Based in Mobile, AL and willing to make business trips as necessary to other manufacturing sites around the US. Expected time working in the Mobile, AL office is 75% of the time.
- Must also have capability of working from home office or remotely
- Knowledge and experience with process simulation (Aspen Engineering Suite) and engineering applications (Comos FEED, SmartPlant P&ID) is preferred but not required
- MS and/or PhD in Chemical Engineering (preferred)
- Professional Engineering license (preferred)
- Coordinate and provide process engineering support to capital investment projects or process improvement projects
- Coordinate and support conceptual (FEL 2 leading to +/- 25 percent estimate), basic (FEL 3 leading to +/- 10 percent cost estimate), and detailed engineering phases as well as construction and commissioning during investment projects
- Prepare, review, and approve process engineering deliverables for investment projects (e.g., PFDs, P&IDs, Equipment Specifications)
- Act in assigned roles within capital investment projects (e.g., Lead Process Engineer or Process Engineer)
- Lead, influence, and support process engineering teams (up to five engineers) including client’s employees and contract resources