Airswift is seeking to invite an experienced Lead Process Safety Engineer to join a dynamic engineering team in the marine oil and gas industry to define, develop and maintain the company’s process safety objectives. Reporting to the Engineering Manager in Global Process Safety, this role is to lead the global process safety's mission to ensure Company prevents any Major Accident Events on the Company fleet.
- Guides and supports discipline engineers throughout Bid, EPCI and Operation phases to ensure the design implementation of process safety principles to avoid any major accidental events during the operation phase.
- To support the Global Process Safety Manager / Technical Authority to define, develop, and maintain Company concepts, philosophy, procedures, and guidance. When required, review and approve engineering deliverables of Process Safety efficiently according to the specified technical requirements and provide Technical Expert advice. Evaluate, review and approve deviations to Company corporate standards.
- Provides technical expert advice when required on the management of change or conduct follow-up verifications where required.
- Provides technical/engineering support and advice to BID / FEED projects.
- Provides functional safety input on Lessons Learnt and incident investigation.
- Supports Global Process Safety Manager/TA to arrange and facilitate Process Safety Steering Committee.
- Develops and manages functional safety training.
- Bachelor in Instrumentations & Controls Engineering / Naval Architect / Chemical Engineering / Environmental Engineering or higher. Alternatively, Diploma in Engineering.
- 18 years of relevant working experience in Functional Safety or Technical Safety, Loss Prevention and/or Process Safety engineering in the oil and gas sector.
- Aware of applicable industry standards, Company standards, specifications and procedures for functional areas.
- Competent in understanding process safety inputs as well as accurate usage of data extraction sheet during the preparation of process safety deliverables.