Our client, a global developer and market operator, is seeking an experienced Legal Advisory to join their in-house team in Canberra, ACT, on a full-time permanent contract.
Working with sustainable sources of energy, developing rural communities, spreading state of art green technologies, and helping to prevent weather changes resulting from greenhouse gas emissions, the Legal Advisory is responsible for assisting with renewable power generation in Australia. Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel in their global head office, you will be advising on legal issues arising with the growing business, they also offer 25 days annual leave per annum.
Key Duties and Competencies
- Drafting and negotiating Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPCs) contracts, Operation & Maintenance (O&M) contracts, Connection Agreements, and Power Purchase Agreements.
- Drafting and negotiation with local authorities in relation to Community Engagement and Benefit Sharing Plans to engage and empower the local community to realise positive social outcomes associated with the Wind Farms.
- Assisting with the acquisition of new projects: Negotiation of Non-Disclosure Agreements and Sale & Purchase Agreements.
- Negotiation of ISDA Agreements and analogous contracts (EFET, IETA) for both spot and forward and futures markets.
- Legal advise on day-to-day issues related to the operation of Wind Farms and Solar Plants (Force Majeure events, O&M contractor’s issues, neighbors´ relations, noise complaints, etc.)
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualifications in Law
- Post-graduation qualifications (desired)
- Sound knowledge and ability to work in a manner consistent with good ethics, our values, and corporate governance
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Effective communicator with a wide range of stakeholders.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work full time in Australia.
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.
If you have any questions please contact Tayla Jeromson by email Tayla.Jeromson@airswift.com
My client recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace hence we encourage applications from people with a variety of experience and backgrounds. In addition, we recognise that everyone’s personal circumstances differ and thus understand the importance of offering flexibility in the working arrangements of our personnel, to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
Airswift is a global workforce solutions provider specializing in oil & gas, power, infrastructure and technology. We serve as a strategic partner to our clients, offering turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.