Licensed Class Operators
Brownville, Nebraska, United States
Job Reference 1185616
Location Brownville, Nebraska, United States
Industry Power - Nuclear
Function Operations & Production
Job Type Permanent
Date Added May 12, 2023
They are a public-owned company, which means not only more stability and clear career path, but also a heavy focus on safety. The organization prioritizes the well-being of their staff, being less considerate of profit when it comes to decision-making.
Employment retainment is key for this company: they will make sure to have you around for the long run, providing more and more educational opportunities and room for growth not only within the organization, but on the nuclear industry as a whole.
The incumbent is responsible for the operation of the reactor and station equipment ensuring safe and efficient operation of the nuclear plant in accordance with State and Federal Regulations, Plant Operating License, and Station Procedures while meeting the electrical power needs of the company.
The candidate will also go through the company's eighteen-month training and, after meeting the class requirements, will obtain the Reactor Operator (RO) or Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) license. Once certified, the employee will have short and long-term incentives added to their compensation. The bonuses vary depending on the experience and on the license obtained.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• The candidate has at least three years of power plant experience. Up to 18 months of this experience may be credited by academic equivalence as defined in the most recent version of the Institute of Nuclear Power.
• The candidate possesses a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Operations (INPO) ACAD that provides guidelines for initial license candidate's eligibility. The candidate must also have at least six months at CNS.
Additionally, operations experience is required, as defined below:
• 6 months performing plant operational duties as a Non-Licensed Operator (NLO) on site.
• 12 months performing plant operational duties as a NLO at another Boiling Water Reactor (BWR) facility.
• 6 months performing plant operational duties as an ACTIVE licensed RO at another BWR facility.
• 24 months in position equivalent to the RO position at a military reactor. Equivalent military positions are defined as one of the following: RO, Engineering Watch Supervisor (EWS)/Engineering Officer Of the Watch (EOOW),Propulsion Plant Watch Officer (PPWO)/Propulsion Plant Watch Supervisor (PPWS).