MAINTENANCE PLANNER – Baton Rouge/ Gonzales, LA, USA
Airswift has been tasked by our top client to seek a MAINTENANCE PLANNER for a year contract position in Baton Rouge or Gonzales LA.
The basic function of this role is to minimize total cost by maximizing workforce capabilities through prioritizing, planning, and scoping maintenance work orders. The Maintenance Planner/Coordinator will prioritize activities along with the area maintenance supervisor. The planner/coordinator will scope work orders to estimate cost, labor, materials, equipment, and special tool requirements to complete the job in a safe and cost-effective manner. The planner/coordinator will be responsible for planning SAP work orders at the following facilities Baton Rouge and Geismar gas facilities. This will include but not be limited to:
- Participate in the review of the work backlog with operations and maintenance personnel to ensure that all work is appropriately prioritized, planned, scheduled, and executed.
- Work closely with the maintenance supervisor to level workforce requirements across the Up-River Region.
- Provide detailed job plans as required for reoccurring maintenance activities.
- Provide planning support during turnarounds.
- Create and receive requisitions for parts and external maintenance services as required.
- Support the preparation of bid documents as necessary.
- Participate in all general maintenance leadership activities.
- Strong organizational & people skills.
- Strong computer & problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
- General knowledge of maintenance work processes including mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation disciplines.
- Have a passion for driving safety performance in all work activities involving contractors and/or company personnel.
- Familiar with chemical and Petro Chemical equipment & Specifications.
- General knowledge of maintenance planning tools.
- Knowledge of maintenance software- SAP a plus.
- Ability to multitask and be self-motivated.