Grande Prairie , Alberta, Canada
Oil & Gas - Downstream
Maintenance and Reliability
November 8, 2023
Airswift is seeking a Maintenance Planner to work with one of our clients in the oil and gas industry in Grande Prairie, AB, on a 6-month contract.
For Corrective Maintenance work the Maintenance Planner; diagnoses the issue, scopes the work, documents the execution plan, and coordinates with Supply Chain Management (SCM) to order material and services.
For Preventative Maintenance work the Maintenance Planner effectively prepares any work that requires materials or services to be ordered and coordinated prior to scheduling and work execution.
• Support Maintenance Work Processes specifically around the maintenance planning process
• Utilize the CMMS (Maximo 7.6) to document all maintenance planning requirements
• Perform field visits to diagnose the cause of equipment issues as reported from
• Determine the activities and resources required to correct equipment issues
• Document the maintenance steps, labor, estimated hours, materials, services, and special tool requirements needed to correct equipment issues
• Support SCM procurement processes for maintenance planning and materials receiving
• Confirm materials are available and services are coordinated prior to progressing the planned job to Maintenance Scheduling
• Create, use, and maintain Job Plan templates
• Weekly review planning feedback and update Job Plan templates to support continual improvement of the maintenance planning process
• Support the development and improvement of Preventative Maintenance Program
• Maintain strong working relationship and communication with Scheduler, Maintenance Supervisor, Leads, Technicians, Operations, and Support Teams to ensure optimization of OE 4.03 Maintenance Work Processes Standard requirements
• Review OE 4.03 Maintenance Work Processes KPI’s monthly and take corrective action on negative trends
Coordinate and lead weekly review of work order planning backlog with Operations, Maintenance, and stakeholders
Experience, Skill, and Qualifications
The Maintenance Planner preferably has a mechanical discipline work background but also understands electrical and instrumentation trades. As the person who uses the technician diagnoses of the problem, determines the scope of the solution, this person is expected to be highly respected and competent in their discipline(s). Develops effective scope and work packs which assists in gaining efficiencies in the execution of the work.
Experience / Skill:
• Skill in assessing and prioritizing work planning based on risk, priority, critical systems and equipment requirements and customer satisfaction
• Knowledge of safety hazards and appropriate precautions applicable to work assignments
• High skill in applying technical knowledge to determine equipment problems (Including knowledge of RCA techniques and their applicability) and identifying appropriate solutions to swiftly develop work packs
• Skill in reading, interpreting, and applying information from files, drawings, catalogues, reports, and manuals
• Skill in communicating clearly and concisely in verbal and written form
• Skill in using the CMMS to prepare work packages and monitor materials availability
• The ability to maintain effective working relationships with other personnel including operators, vendors, contractors, subordinates, peers, and superiors.
• Knowledge of preventive and predictive maintenance practices and principles
• Previous maintenance planning experience using Maximo 7.6 CMMS would be considered an asset
• Shutdown/turnaround experience is an asset
• Journeyperson Trade Certification, Technologist Certificate, and / or ten (10) years’ technical experience in facility maintenance.
Liquid Sulphur and conveyor experience is an asset.
• Industry recognized Maintenance Planning & Scheduling course / certificate.