Our client that specializes in Energy industry is seeking for Materials Corrosion Engineer to work within their facilities in Melbourne, Australia on a 2-years casual contract role.
Please see details as below:
Title: Materials Corrosion Engineer
Start Date: Negotiable
Employment Type: 2-years casual contract
Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Responsible for implementation, management and leadership of corrosion monitoring programs this position will require familiarity with fitness for service assessment and risk-based inspection methodology.
- In addition, you will have a working knowledge of materials selection and corrosion management of petrochemical assets, experience with pipeline and knowledge of welding procedures. The scope of work applies to all stationary equipment which includes pressure vessels, pipelines, tanks, interconnecting piping, and structures,
- Facilitate and coordinate discipline engineering technical work products.
- Coordination and communication of various issues among the company's and contractor's engineering team that affect the discipline engineering design, safety, and regulatory compliance of the work.
- Evaluate / comment work performed by the Contractor and sub-contractors to ensure that the work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, standards, and regulatory requirements. Includes review of discipline design drawings and documents
- Identify and assess deviations to Contract Technical Specifications and regulatory requirements; ensure that such deviations will be processed according to Company procedures; maintains Deviation Control Log.
- Steward discipline engineering queries from the Contractor and sub-contractors as well as technical information requests
- Keep Lead Engineer or Engineering Manager informed of discipline engineering progress, deviations, and execution concerns.
- Participate in discipline engineering reviews at Contractor's and subcontractor's locations.
- Drives and promotes capital efficiency in engineering design.
- Support internal engineering general interest or Global Practice initiatives as requested by Supervisor.
- Ideally you will be Degree qualified in a Chemical, Materials or Mechanical Engineering discipline with 5 years + experience within the petrochemical or heavy engineering industry.
- This position is primarily Melbourne based, with programmed visits to onshore and offshore facilities as well as internationally where required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
- Extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications.
For further information and a detailed Job description please email an up-to-date CV, along with your notice period and salary expectations to email@example.com