Our client is seeking a Mid to Senior Mechanical Engineer to work within their facilities located in the Peel Region, WA on a 12-month initial contract.
Due to a period of expansion, our client is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer from Mid to Senior level to join our client's site-based team working on projects within their refinery facilities.
Reporting to the Principal Mechanical and Piping Engineer, you will assist the site-based team in executing engineering deliverables on time and within budget.
- Deliver mechanical engineering services that meet the client, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Perform mechanical engineering services such as:
- identify and report changes to project scope;
- assist with the preparation of proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules;
- provide assistance during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders;
- contribute to appropriate studies, analyses and recommend actions;
- assist with the preparation of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and technical innovations in mechanical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the mechanical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the mechanical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What you will bring:
- Effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to our client and its customers.
- A good working knowledge of the fundamental requirements of mechanical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A good working knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of mechanical engineering specific software and relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Engineering experience in the same or similar industry and developing leadership skills.
- Some job site or factory experience
- A recognized degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (Required).
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status (Preferred).
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients.
With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
*Please note* The client will only consider candidates located within 1.5hrs commute from site in the Peel Region. This role is drive in/drive out.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
For further information please contact Patrick Chick via +61 8 6146 4363 or firstname.lastname@example.org