Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Mechanical Engineer to join their team in Houston, TX for a 1-year contract assignment.
To oversee the design for compressor station facilities for expansion and maintenance capital projects executed by third party engineering firms to ensure compliance with Company standards and specifications and industry standards and managed to the project budget and schedule. Liaison with other company's functional groups within Project Execution, Operations, and Shared Services to ensure project and company requirements are achieved and incorporated into the design deliverables.
- Ensures that all compressor station facilities are designed in accordance with all regulations, applicable industry codes and corporate standards.
- Defines the scope, schedule, and budget for the design and materials for compressor station facility projects.
- Manages the execution of the design deliverables by a third party engineering firm against the project budget and schedule.
- Reviews and approves design deliverables, for example drawings, technical reports and material listing sheets.
- Participates in design review meeting with engineering firm, Project Manager, Operations, and Construction personnel to discuss the scope, design, and expected performance as well as work out constructability issues.
- Reviews vendor materials quotations, prepares technical evaluations, and recommends selections based on technical merit along with price and delivery. For example: gas compression equipment, vessels, buildings, generators, pipe, valves and fittings.
- Reviews lessons learned from past projects and incorporates recommendations into future designs.
- Actively identifies and communicates new lessons learned and quality incidents for assigned projects.
- Support department initiatives as required.
Contacts (Working Relationships)
- Project Manager - Weekly interaction to provide updated status on progress, cost, schedule, and risk.
- Team Lead, Facilities Project Engineering - Daily interaction to address project issues and problems.
- Manager, Facilities Project Engineering - Weekly interaction to provide project status update.
- External Engineering Firm - Daily interaction to provide oversight on project design activities.
- Operations - Weekly interaction to provide project status update and seek guidance on required design features.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Civil, or other related Engineering field.
- Minimum of 4 years of industry experience.
- Capable of working independently, managing multiple projects and prioritizing tasks accordingly
- Problem solve issues through use of standards, modification of standards and/or previous experience
- Effectively communicate technical issues and impacts to other technical and non-technical staff
- 80% of work is office based working with multiple project teams
- 20% of time is in the field scoping projects or supporting procurement, construction, and commissioning activities
- Time sensitive deliverables
- Work requires strong computer skills typically using Microsoft Office applications