Day-to-day duties would be to serve as an engineer on the main condenser replacement project. Duties include, but are not limited to, preparation or review of design changes, preparation or review of procurement specifications, supporting field implementations, vendor document reviews as an owner’s representative, visits to vendor facilities when required (an expected occasional responsibility), and review of bids from vendors and installers from a technical perspective.
Top Required Skills
- Heat Exchanger (Feedwater Heaters and/or steam surface condensers) experience (required)
- Versed/qualified (any utility) with preparing specifications
- Comfortable and capable with office and field work – specifically supporting implementation as a design engineer
- Versed/qualified (any utility) in the Commercial Nuclear Standard Design Change Process (IP-ENG-001) (desirable, not required)
- Pump, valve, piping, heat exchangers, materials, thermal performance, fluids analysis, and general mechanical experience (desirable, not required)
- Experience and knowledge of various codes and standards such as ASME B&PV, ASME PTC, ANSI, ASTM, HEI, and TEMA (desirable, not required)
- PE license (desirable, not required)
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Would consider candidates with other disciplines such as Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering or similar if other experience requirements are satisfied.