Location: Lysaker, Norway
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our team at our FPSO operations in Lysaker, Norway. As a Mechanical Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of our FPSO facilities. The ideal candidate will possess a BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering or a similar discipline, along with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in similar roles within the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure optimal performance and reliability of mechanical systems and equipment on the FPSO.
- Conduct engineering analyses, including stress analysis, thermal analysis, and fluid dynamics, to ensure equipment integrity and compliance with industry standards.
- Provide technical support for maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs of mechanical equipment, including pumps, compressors, turbines, and rotating machinery.
- Contribute to the development of maintenance strategies, inspection plans, and integrity management programs to enhance equipment lifespan and reduce downtime.
- Participate in risk assessments, HAZOP studies, and incident investigations to identify potential mechanical hazards and recommend mitigation measures.
- Monitor equipment performance and trends, implementing predictive and preventive maintenance strategies to optimize equipment uptime and minimize operational disruptions.
- Collaborate with procurement and vendor management teams to ensure the timely availability of spare parts and equipment for maintenance and repair activities.
- Prepare technical reports, documentation, and engineering drawings to maintain accurate records and support regulatory compliance.
Strong Mechanical Engineering Expertise: In-depth knowledge of mechanical principles, including fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, stress analysis, and materials science, with a track record of applying these concepts to real-world engineering challenges.
FPSO Operations Experience: Demonstrated experience working in FPSO operations or a similar offshore environment, with a deep understanding of the unique challenges and requirements of offshore mechanical systems.
Maintenance and Reliability: Proven ability to develop and implement effective maintenance and reliability strategies to ensure the long-term performance of mechanical equipment.
Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills: Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to diagnose complex mechanical issues, perform root cause analysis, and develop innovative solutions to technical challenges.
Regulatory Compliance: Familiarity with relevant industry standards, regulations, and certification requirements, ensuring equipment and operations adhere to safety and environmental standards.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English; knowledge of Norwegian is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills to collaborate effectively with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Strong project management abilities to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Willingness to work in an offshore environment as required.
If you are a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer with a proven track record in FPSO operations and a passion for optimizing mechanical systems, we encourage you to apply. Join our dynamic team and contribute to the success of our FPSO operations in Norway.