Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Naval Architecture Engineer to work in their facilities located in Schiedam, Netherlands.
Job Title: Naval Architecture Engineer
Contract Duration: Staff position, Permanent
Work Location: Schiedam, Netherlands
Start date: ASAP
Scope of Work:
The discipline Naval Architecture has the task to provide Naval Architectural Engineering and Design to the Group Product Lines (containing of studies, proposals, technology development, Pre-FEED projects, FEED projects and EPCI projects). The typical scope of the discipline Naval Architecture includes loading and stability, accommodation design, deck equipment and lifesaving equipment, support to the shipyard bidding process and company’s procurement, inclining experiments, etc. The discipline Naval Architecture also provides major contribution to the overall design of the floater, especially for new build projects and in the concept phase of projects. Currently we are looking for a Naval Architect to reinforce the discipline of Naval Architecture. You will particularly focus on company’s FPSOs products.
It is expected that you are ready to take a project role as a Discipline Lead Engineer (DLE). As a DLE, you are responsible for project management functions in leading the discipline which may consist up to 3-4 Naval Architects and additionally few designer/drafters.
- We’re looking for candidates who have an MSc or BSc degree or equivalent (i.e. Professional Certification) in Naval Architecture.
- You have at least 7 years relevant working.
- In-depth experience and sound technical knowledge of Naval Architecture in both conceptual and detailed design.
- Preferably experience in Engineering & Design and/or Operation of floating & production units (FSO's, FPSO's, Oil & Gas and Chemical tankers, Drilling Units, Semi's, TLP) for the Oil & Gas Industry
- Good interface knowledge with related disciplines i.e. Marine systems, E&I, Piping, HVAC, Process & Technical Safety;
- Familiar with rules of classification societies (i.e.: ABS, DNV GL, BV and Lloyds), international organizations and proper implementation of Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) policies;
If you are interested and think you have the right profile, please apply!
Consultant: Rachel Marques at firstname.lastname@example.org