The NDT Engineer reports to the Welding and Materials Lead and is accountable for ensuring all NDT is completed in accordance with Company BoD and Specification requirements. They will review and provide guidance on all NDT qualification/validation programs and witness activities at Contractor facilities.
Part-time +/- 150hours
- Provide technical expertise in the review and development of NDT testing programs.
- Oversee the Contractors engineering work proposals and plans particularly with respect to offshore pipeline installation.
- Physically oversee and monitor the execution of AUT qualification programmes as well as being present during the stalk welding in the Contractor spool base and offshore during the installation works.
- Managing the NDT activities during the Project Detailed Engineering phase and Construction Phase.
- Ensuring all NDT procedures are in accordance with Company Specifications and Industry Codes and Standards.
- Review and monitor AUT Procedures used in stalk fabrication and perform audit of results of AUT set up and calibrations on vessel start up activities.
- Respecting HSE rules and requirements and ensuring that the design and the resulting operations will be performed in compliance with a high regard to Health, Safety, Security and Environmental requirements.
- US $20 Billion investment, 17,000-acre LNG facility site that includes private airstrip, marine facilities, and 18 subsea wells - 5-year construction period, delivered utilizing a staff of 1500+ employees and contractors based in Houston, Milan, Paris, Singapore and Mozambique
- 12.88 MTPA from 2 Initial Trains - 25-year production period
- Mozambique LNG is a subsea (1,400m) to shore dry gas field development located in the norther part of Mozambique
- The subsea field will be developed via 18 subsea wells, 7-production manifolds, 1-MEG manifold, 3 x 22in trunk lines, a 6in and 8in MEG lines, 18 x 10in in-field flowlines, 2 x 4in in-field MEG lines, associated ILTs and PLETs for all pipelines and flowlines, 25 control modules, 4 onshore umbilicals, 2 main tie-back umbilicals, 5 in-field umbilicals, 12 UTA assemblies, 189 electro hydraulic flying leads, 48 x 10” flexible jumpers, rigid jumpers and spools.
- BSc or MSc in Material/Welding Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering
- 15+ years’ experience working for consulting engineers or oil and gas exploration / production companies with a proven track record in similar positions
- Specialization: NDT
- Valid Level III NDT certification
- Minimum 10 years of experience in offshore pipeline construction
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal direction
- Experience in QC audits of construction vessels and construction yards related to Material, Welding and NDE
- Firsthand knowledge of Deep Water Developments
- Fully familiar with Pipeline Codes i.e. API 1104 and DnVGL-ST-F101
- Fluent English required