- Provide advice and support to the MP Quality Division Manager
- Ensure Contractor and Critical Sub-Contractors APPROVED Quality Plans comply with NDT, Inspection and Welding Inspection requirements
- Assist in the review and establishment of NDT requirements for planning and implementation of all Major Projects construction activities.
- Develop criteria to monitor and evaluate performance of Contractor NDT and welding performance for all welding types, methods and material including CRA, dissimilar material, exotic material, etc.
- Ensure application of contract specifications, industry standards and shareholder best practices for manufactured goods
- Participate in technical audits, reviews, investigations, and assessments to evaluate processes, procedures and performance of Non-destructive Testing and inspections
B.Sc. /B.Eng. /B.A. Degree, Technical Diploma or equivalent from an accredited and recognised university.
- Current NDT Level III certification (independent scheme) for a minimum of 20 years. Methods must include Radiographic Testing, Ultrasonic Testing (including advanced techniques), Magnetic Particle Testing, Liquid Penetrant Testing and Visual Testing.
- Current or previous Welding inspector/engineering certification for a minimum of 15 years including very sound experience in NDT and Welding Performance for all welding types, methods and material including CS, CRA, dissimilar material, exotic material, etc.
- Minimum of 25 years of experience in industry inspection environment with at least 15 years in related oil and gas industry, both offshore and onshore.
- Superior knowledge of NDT Methods, Techniques, procedure preparation and personnel evaluation.
- Understands sound quality and inspection practices including industry standards and specifications.
- Knowledge of best practices and latest technology in meeting minimum industry standards and specifications (such as API, ASME, ASTM, DNV, NACE, ISO, etc.) for manufacturing, fabrication, inspecting, transporting, installation and storing oilfield equipment.
- Computer literate, SAP knowledge is desirable.
- Experience with multiple Major Operators and other industries such as Nuclear, Aerospace, Structural, and Academic Research is desirable.
- Have knowledge of ISO and (or) API Q1 quality audit program and able to participate/perform/lead quality audits.