Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking an Offshore Structural Engineer to work within their facilities located in Kuala Lumpur
Offshore Structural Engineer – Kuala Lumpur
Duration: 1-Year Fixed Term Direct Hire Contract with the Client (Renewable)
Area: Engineering – Offshore Structures
- Perform technical tasks assigned by the Project Structural Lead such as structural analyses, calculations, design, verification or study activities
- Interface with other Project Specialists and Designers
- Co-ordinate and review technical activities performed inside or outside Company
The Engineer executes the activities within the area of responsibility, ensuring compliance with the QA/QC and HSE requirements.
Own tasks include:
- Review Client technical documentation and requirements
- Contribute to defining structural design premises
- Contribute to the writing of the Project Structural Design Brief (roadmap of all the structural design and analyses work on the project)
- Liaise with other Project Specialists and Designers whenever required for proper completion of the work assigned
- Design structural systems and components, pursuing objectives of sound engineering and design optimization in terms of costs, fabrication simplicity, constructability and safety
- Carry out / Check / Supervise structural analyses
- Supervise/Approve steel structures design drawings
- Supervise setting up of bill of quantities or material take off (MTO)
- Prepare, when required, specifications for structural fabrications and all related items such as bearing systems, bolts, cladding, grating, etc.
- Verify structural strength or dynamic behavior of items designed by others (piping support Specialists, Vendors, technical building Suppliers, etc.)
- Apply the Quality Control Procedure of the Offshore Structural Department during the work assigned
- Perform field engineering activities
- Write design reports and calculation notes