Location: Aalborg, Denmark
Language: Fluent English, Danish language is advantageous
Timeframe: Role has full sign-off and budget
Salary/Package: Competitive salary and benefits on offer
Interviews: to be held within 1-2 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Managers: Felicia Brown and Jannet Yankova
Key Words: Equipment Manager, offshore wind, offshore wind grouts, Quality and HSE, Supervision, Management
The company is a global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.3 billion in 2017. Due to continuous growth, they are searching for an Equipment Manager to be based in Aalborg, Denmark.
The company is a world leader in the research, development, and manufacture of structural and semi-structural adhesives, grouting, and chocking compounds, sprayable syntactic materials, wear-resistant coatings, and repair compounds.
The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique Business Model to drive solid growth in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. The company has approximately 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company’s unique, decentralized, and entrepreneurial culture.
You will join a high achiever’s company with award-winning and multiple-won projects, with exponential growth and operations in 50 – 60 countries.
The Lead Offshore Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient execution of offshore and onshore grouting operations to the satisfaction of the client and project management following regulations, company rules, and objectives. You will lead, manage, motivate, develop, and retain a successful Supervisor’s team of 3-4 people to meet and exceed the Division’s segment’s growth objectives.
- Responsible for the project packing and shipping of the required equipment.
- Responsible for receiving, cleaning, and servicing of the equipment.
- Manage all external grouting personnel when working on offshore projects.
- Always act professionally while representing projects.
- Encourage good teamwork within the offshore grouting team.
- Always ensure safe working practices.
- Perform regular checks on your PPE.
- When offshore ensure daily reporting to the project manager and participate in daily on-site meetings on-board vessel.
- Complete all the required product testing when offshore working.
- Identify the supplies and equipment needed for the warehouse, get approval to purchase from the Equipment Manager, and place a purchase order.
- Responsible for performing specified tests about projects and new product development.
- Service and maintenance of all equipment, ensuring equipment is always functional and in good working condition and is presentable for shipment.
- With the Project Manager help in the preparation of the Method Statements, group procedures and preparation of monitoring reports.
- Help in the development of both existing and new built equipment by documenting best practices and experiences.
- Contribute to the achievement of HSE goals, including participation in improvements of quality, environmental and health and safety processes.
- Know and comply with relevant HSE documents, including procedures and instructions.
- Participate in risk assessment in cooperation with QHSE department. Ensure good housekeeping and appropriate tidiness.
- The position may be called upon for special assignments and/or other duties as assigned by line management.
- To comply with company and group policy regarding business expenses, corporate ethics, safety, environmental and quality policies.
- Electrical background or proven strong understanding.
- Preferable Trade Certificate and/or skilled worker certificate within mechanics, hydraulics, machining & welding.
- Experience working on diesel engines, pumps, hydraulic systems, and HP water systems.
- Experience in troubleshooting.
- Highly focused on promoting Quality and HSE in the daily work.
- Good English and Danish, both verbal and written.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Positive, motivated, and ambitious.
- Problem solver.
- Can remain calm under pressure.
- Able to work well independently as well as in a team.
- Able to handle ad-hoc situations well.
- Will highlight problems/ issues when they arise.
- Flexible and reliable Team Player.
- Excellent accuracy levels.
- IT Skills – Microsoft Office Skills.
- Mature and who can act as a lead when needed.
- Office work onboard ships/ Jack-ups. Travel in Europe based on project demand.
The next steps
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance then please contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Felicia Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org