As the Operations Manager – Survey & Inspection, the role will manage, allocate and coordinate all survey and inspection field resources, implement efficient processes and practices across the survey and inspection business line and formulate strategy, improve performance, procure material and personnel resources while ensuring compliance.
- Management, maintenance, coordination and overall accountability for the company's Survey and Inspection assets on all owned or operated vessels.
- Coordination of Survey and Inspection resources (onshore and offshore) and direct consultation with internal and external stakeholders to ensure work is delivered safely, on time, on or below budget and to a quality standard.
- High level understanding of each project’s scope of works in-line with contract requirements. Regularly involved in Kick Off Meetings with Client’s to ensure and Client SOW and objectives are aligned.
- Ensure a high standard of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality management is maintained on all projects and operations.
- Management of personnel agencies and resources provided.
- Recruitment of survey and inspection resources.
- Accountable for Singapore survey workshop (assets and resources).
- Adhoc project management as required to support the Project Management function.
- Manage Singapore Survey and Inspection CAPEX and R&M budget.
- Any other duties assigned by the General Manager – Projects & Operations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Tertiary level qualification in a Hydrographic Surveying / Surveying or Engineering.
- 10+ Years experience in an offshore supervisory role.
- 5+ Years experience in an operational or project management role.
- BOSIET / T-BOSIET certification and Offshore Medical (OGUK).
- Project Management certification (desirable).
- A strong working knowledge of offshore and marine operations, specifically Survey and Inspection and Survey vessel operations in accordance with imposed legislative requirements.
- Strong experience in contractual and commercial management.
- Strong personnel management and influential skills to promote good communication, teamwork, productivity and performance.
- General understanding of project cost management, including the P&L management of numerous projects and/or operational locations.
- Ability to prioritise work in a busy project environment, dealing with conflicting priorities.
- High level of written and oral communication skills.
- Intermediate level computer skills (Microsoft Office).