Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Operator to work on a 6-month contract in Stratford, CT.
This person will be responsible for operating process equipment in a safe and efficient
manner to produce finished product to specifications. Troubleshoot problems as they arise. Assist in providing an organized and clean workplace.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand and execute standard operating procedures related to the manufacturing
processes, including but not limited to, milling, blending, and packaging including and
operation of PLC based control equipment.
- Package materials to fulfil customer orders, ensuring that packaging and weights meet
the customer’s specification.
- Produce product to the production schedule following standard operating procedures.
- Assist with all functions related to waste handling, collection of required samples, and QC
- Transport finished product & containers to proper locations
- Perform equipment clean outs as required.
- Sweep, vacuum and clean up the plant area when instructed.
- Assist production, shipping & receiving, and maintenance when needed and assist all
other departments to ensure overall plant performance.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
High School Diploma or equivalent and 60 College Credit Hours
OR HS Diploma or equivalent and 5 years recent industry experience
OR HS Diploma or equivalent and 4 years of military experience
Position is considered “heavy work”, defined as exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 25-50 of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Ability to operate a forklift in a safe and prudent manner.
Ability to safely lift and carry (for approximately 10-20 feet) heavy objects weighing up
to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
Ability to safely handle drums greater than 300 pounds, with or without drum handling
Ability to wear dust mask and half/full-face air-purifying respirator, in the performance
of job duties and emergency response team duties.
Work Environment and Environmental Conditions:
- Manufacturing environment with chemical, physical, ergonomic, and electrical hazards.
- Work includes a variety of physical conditions including, but not limited to, proximity to moving mechanical parts and powered industrial trucks, potential exposure to hot work
or steam, and working with sharp tools.
- Works with and around hazardous substances.
- Work may require use of protective clothing and equipment, which may include, but not
be limited to, eye protection, head protection, hand protection, respiratory protection,
arc flash accessories and foot protection