- Reporting to the HR Manager, the Payroll Assistant is responsible for compiling and entering daily hourly payroll data to maintain payroll records.
- Collaborates with the payroll department at the Lima, Ohio refinery to provide accurate information for payroll processing.
- This role is also responsible for ensuring that pay is provided accurately under the terms of applicable labor agreements, taking into account shift differentials, position move-ups and other information having an impact on pay.
- This position also responds to ad hoc requests and participates in ad hoc projects as required.
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data into ADP and local spreadsheet(s) for hourly employees, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of information. Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Respond to ad hoc requests and participate in ad hoc projects as required.
- Provide back-up to other areas of Human Resources and administration, as needed, including Scheduling and Recruiting.
- Contribute and align to the company safety culture and standards.
- Prepare and distribute timesheet procedures for all newly hired employees, providing payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Generate necessary reports, statements, forms, etc., for internal and external inquiries, reporting, compliance, and audits.
Enables Agility Develops Talent Communicates with Impact Fosters Collaboration Enhances Technical/Professional Expertise Safely Drives Results.
- High school diploma
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Desktop Applications
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
- Close attention to detail
- Associates Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years experience administering payroll in a union environment strongly preferred
- Previous work in the Oil and Gas industry
- Experience with SAP or other Business Enterprise Software
- Experience with ADP or similar Payroll Software