Employment: 12 Month Contract
Day Rate: £280-£330 gross per day (PAYE inside IR35)
Industry: Renewable & EV
Recruitment partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Lewis Holland
Performance and Continuous Improvement Manager, Solar, Performance, Continuous, Management, logistics, maintenance, engineering, electric charging, EV, renewable energy, energy.
Who we are
Our company is one of the worlds leading enterprises within the Energy & renewable sector. With business operations on a worldwide basis. We have a massive focus on renewable energy and striving to make a change in the world.
Purpose of the role
- Coordinate analysis of availability performance data across the global EV charging portfolio to define the strategic direction of reliability in the future
- Identify specific target areas and define possible reliability improvement initiatives to address them, combining both business cases (supported by financial justifications) and the long-term incremental improvements in the company
- Interface globally across the regional operations and D&A teams.
- Supervise a Performance Analyst responsible for data analysis and preparation
- Lead the development of a market leading Global Performance and Continuous Improvement function which will drive operational excellence across our regions
- Support the development of a reliability framework following state-of-the-art industry processes and tools
- Be a member of the Operations Excellence leadership team; providing active support in the development of other reliability driven projects and services across the operation
- Quantify and report the improvements both from performance and gross margin gains because of the deployment and embedding of performance improvement initiatives
- Lead reliability MI for the effectiveness of our operational performance monitoring and reviews. This will include the development of customized KPI reports to monitor status and progress of relevant business targets.
- Network actively across/with the regional operations leads to promote the value of the performance analysis function and the use of this to drive reliability initiatives across the network.
- Develop and communicate reliability; use central infrastructure to promote knowledge sharing and standardization
- Combine data analysis across all the reliability activities and lead the development of the business case for business-critical systems/tools and develop this landscape.
- Active contribution to the EV Operations and Maintenance strategy on our operational performance agenda and define and implement the most optimum solutions in each region– this strategy is essential and key to leading a customer focused business in a low margin environment
- Contribute to the development of annual plans, budgets, and commercial models for yearly REVEX/OPEX expenditure in relation to performance and improvements to our network
- Own the global roadmap for business-critical solutions/tool and facilitate external benchmarking for centrally driven efforts, owning the external relationship, scoping the terms of reference, agreeing on the terms of the contract, providing, and validating data, reviewing the study results, and turning insights into action
- Experience in large scale Performance Improvement and Change Initiatives
- Team Leadership experience (essential). Experience in managing multidisciplined teams (desired).
- A knowledge and experience of all Operational functions, e.g., Engineering, Reliability & Maintenance, Logistics etc. A knowledge of operational management systems and the ability to manage improvement processes which increase the efficiencies of these systems and processes
- Exposure to the manufacturing and renewable sector will be beneficial but not essential
- Deep analytical skills to understand data and draw out key insights and messages
- Capable to operate at all levels of the organization, with good inter-personal and presentation skills
- Strong level of assertiveness, influencing, and communication skills
- Strong understanding of business decision-making processes and setting priorities
- The ability to work with incomplete data and derive conclusions and recommendations to senior leadership
- Open and inclusive culture
- A great work-life balance
- Tremendous learning, and development opportunities to enable you to craft your own career path
- 60% office (central London), 40% home flexible working policy
- life and health insurance, medical care package
The next step
We have an exceptional team and are pleased to be able to appoint another person to our growing company. If you think you can provide valuable skills and experience to our company, please contact our recruitment partner Airswift first.