Permit to Work Coordinator (PTW)
Location: Skelleftea, Sweden
Contract duration: 12 months (Possibility of extension)
Contract type: PAYE - Hourly rate
Rotation: 3 weeks on 1 week off
Start Date: ASAP
Project: Giga-factory / Battery storage
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Anthony Hughes
As a leading global provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be in a position to expand our team in Sweden and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans in 2022.
We are currently recruiting for a Permit to work Coordinator to support a billion-dollar, large chemicals processing facility project being delivered and constructed in Skelleftea, Sweden. The successful individual(s) will be engaged on a contract basis for an initial 12 month period, with the likelihood of a further 2 - 3 years of work on the project.
The project Permit to Work (PTW) Coordinator role is a key control of work function which supports construction activities and deals directly with project supervisors and contractor partners alike. The PTW Coordinator serves as a key focal point in the management and coordination of project Simultaneous Operations (SIMOPS) across all project stakeholders and partners.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Chair a daily PTW/SIMOPS meeting to review/approve pending permits
• Guide, support, advise all parties on which permits they may require
• Guide, support, advise all parties on how to properly prepare their permits
• Guide, support, advise all parties on what supporting documents need to be attached
• Work closely with HSE Advisors and Construction supervisors (Task Risk Assessments)
• Ensure all permits are duly approved/signed before issued for use
• Maintain copies of all issued permits and supporting documents in a safe location
• Maintain a live PTW register and update it daily
• Maintain a PTW / SIMOPS board showing the location of all work/SIMOPS activities
• Maintain a SIMOPS register detailing any clashes that may exist with other activities
• Generate permit to work statistics (Bi-weekly, monthly)
• Report PTW non-compliance issues to HSE Manager as soon as becoming aware of them
• Previous experience in the role of a PTW issuer or coordinator
• Competency in written/oral communication
• Advanced written and spoken English
• Basic Computer Skills
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift.