Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
Engineering & Design
August 24, 2023
Airswift are a Global Manpower Provider specialising in the Energy, Infrastructure & IT sectors. Present in more than 70 countries around the world, our reach, and capabilities in the markets we service is unparalleled in the industry.
We are working with a client to source a Piping Engineer. This is a long-term contract role working on a residential basis. Please see details below.
Title: Piping Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months (potential for extension)
Working Schedule: 5 days per week / 9 hours per day
Key Job Accountabilities
• Knows the discipline scope/cost/time requirements, assists the team to meet expectations, and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure project success.
• Supports management of project change and progressing for the discipline and works with the Project Management Team to take corrective actions regarding any issues, staffing requirements, scope changes, progressing, or other events that could affect project completion and/or profitability.
• Plans discipline quality, monitors quality activities, squad checking, drives and participates in squad checking, recommends improvements, and takes action where required.
• Provide technical support within the discipline team, liaise with the project team, and consult with relevant resources as required.
• Coordinate review and approval of design and interfaces on client requirements and specifications.
• Gathers data from multiple sources and prepares engineering studies, analyses, calculations, etc.
• Determines technical issues, defines alternate solutions, establishes pros/cons for multiple solutions, and makes recommendations through official project documents such as technical queries, technical deviations, etc.
• Creates final documentation incorporating all relevant information and pursues customer approval.
• Perform discipline specific engineering services such as:
• Identify and report changes to project scope;
• Contribute to appropriate studies, analyses and recommend actions;
• Assist with the preparation of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports;
• Provide assistance during procurement, construction and commissioning activities
Knowledge and Key Skills
• Good knowledge of discipline design/engineering with sufficient experience in different discipline areas.
• Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Power point
• 3D Review Software: Navisworks, SPR Advantageous skills:
• CAESAR II
• 2D Software: AutoCAD, Micro-Station
• 3D Software: PDS, S3D / PDMS, E3D
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV with contact details.