Airswift is looking for a Piping Lead to work for a major LNG Client on an initial 6-month contract in Houston, TX.
- Responsible for the review and approval of contractor developed technical documents relating to piping engineering and design and plant layout. Ensure contractors meet all required specifications and codes and delivers a quality design to include the scoping, expediting and review of assigned studies, engineering deliverable, technical work and coordination with the contractor conducting the design, procurement, construction, commissioning and startup of the project. Assist the development, administration and monitoring of the technical work generated by the contractor throughout all phases of the project work. Generate plot plans and other piping deliverables to support internal studies as assigned.
- This position is primarily located in the Contractors office but may include time in the Sempra LNG and Midstream E&C offices in Houston.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities Estimated % of Time
- • Work with Project Manager and Engineering Manager on all engineering and construction related engineering studies and packages to ensure quality technical design that meets the project schedule and economic goals. 15%
- • Provide input to ensure a high quality of engineering work is properly reflected in the relevant design deliverables to comply with project scope, codes and industry standards and regulatory requirements in support of the overall project schedule. 15%
- • Provide leadership in review and approval of project layout issues to seek compliance with design standards and environmental regulations 10%
- • Attend and participate in all relevant project key meetings organized by Project Manager and/or Engineering Manager. Conduct technical coordination meetings as required with relevant parties. 10%
- • Review drawings, schedules, specifications, and permits to ensure compliance with project requirements. Provide comments or raise non-compliance issues with relevant disciplines to ensure interface, scope and design details are effectively addressed in the design and in the contractor’s project construction activities. 10%
- • Work with the contractor to ensure assigned work activities are expedited in a scheduled and timely manner resulting in an agreed resolution. 10%
- • Work in a collaborative manner with contractor’s piping lead to develop the the plot plan and 3D model 5%
- • Work in a collaborative manner with contractor’s staff to solve plot plan issues and concerns in a cost- effective manner both for contractor and company 5%
- • Review 3D model to validate material take off quantities and bill of materials for accuracy and for the reasonability of allowances. 5%
- • Provide technical expertise for the project 3D model reviews conducted with contractor. 5%
- • Generate plot plans and other piping discipline engineering deliverables as assigned by the Engineering manager to support internal studies and projects. 5%
- • Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties). 5%
- Education Level Major/Description Required/ Preferred
- Associate's Degree In design, computer aided drafting (CAD) or similar field of study. Required
- Bachelor's Degree In a science-based degree, preferably in engineering. Preferred
- Years of Experience Details Required/ Preferred
- 10+ Energy industry experience directly supporting major oil and gas projects (>$1B USD) in the area of piping layout and design. Required
- 7+ Demonstrated history of leading piping engineers (materials & stress), piping designers, and material control specialists to deliver complete piping engineering and design work scopes/deliverables for major oil and gas projects (>$1B USD).
- LNG piping and layout of cryogenic piping or LNG liquefaction piping layout and arrangement detailing. Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
General knowledge of LNG design and operation.
- Full working knowledge of Smart Plant 3D modeling systems
- Knowledge and experience with LIDAR survey & 3D Model integration
- Creativity and ability to solve complex layout plot plan issues
- Has good understanding of the principles of pipe stress analysis, piping support engineering and calculations.
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance and control practices.
- Sufficient knowledge of different engineering disciplines to work with engineering leads to solve layout problems
- Strong knowledge in safety studies in the process industry.
- Ability to prepare or review material take off quantities from a 3D model
- Team player with demonstrated ability to influence and manage a team to get results.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, Effective computer skills including project management, Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge in engineering and construction standards, Knowledge of engineering processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create a strong and collaborative interface and coordination environment.
- Self-starter with ability to work strategically under little direction.
- Ability to focus on meeting/exceeding performance parameters.
- Attention to details.
- A participative leader that offers opinion and direction when appropriate or required
Licenses and Certifications
- Enter License/Certifications Required/ Preferred
Other Working Conditions
- Frequent travel to active oil and gas construction sites is required. In these situations, the incumbent may be required to work in a Field/Other working condition.