Airswift is looking for a Planner/Scheduler to work with a major LNG Client in Houston, TX, for a 1-year assignment likely to be extended.
Prepares and updates Ready for Operations (RFO) schedules activities necessary for preparation of Operations and Maintenance activities for Company's LNG Liquefaction Projects using P6 and MS Projects software. Works with operating company functional leads to setup, organize, and sequence all RFO activities required during the pre-operational periods of new LNG projects. During the execution of the RFO plan, prepares progress reports, readiness dashboards, S-Curves, and determines critical paths to ensure RFO plan completion in a timely manner. Provides day-to-day communication with all department leads to follow up and track progress against results-based metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes assigned RFO activities in accordance with the RFO process including planning, scheduling, and coordinating detailed activities required for on-time completion of RFO activities.
- Monitors the project schedule and alerts team members of critical paths, slippage, or potential delays.
- Creates and reports tracking metrics to determine the progress of the RFO and maintains them in project progress dashboards as required by management.
- Utilizes lessons learned to continuously improve.
- Monitors RFO activities to identify and report RFO plan problems in a timely manner to effectively resolve schedule impacts and conflicts.
- Supports functional leads timely execution of milestones with a continued emphasis towards lead time reduction.
- Attends daily, weekly and monthly planning meetings to provide input and coordinate RFO plan work activities between E&C contractor, Owner, and Operations.
- Ensures that RFO Plan priorities and compliance requirements are communicated.
- Develops working relationships with Owner, Operations, and E&C contractor personnel to seek out opportunities that will add value to each job completed.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other technical discipline, and/or the equivalent combination of training, experience and education required.
- 3+ years of experience in Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, or Construction planning field required.
- LNG project experience in a planning position, direct experience, and proficiency with Primavera Project Planner (P6) implementation of RFO plans preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to develop fully integrated P6 and MS Projects schedules (Version 16 or higher on a network or stand-alone basis) which are resource loaded and leveled.
- Strong coordination, facilitation, and organizational skills, attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Knowledge of environmental, safety, operations and security procedures.
- Communicates effectively (verbal and written) with management, co-workers, contractors and field personnel.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific / technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Understands the interface between Engineering, Construction and Operations.
- Proficient in the use of project for windows, Outlook, Word, and Excel and have an aptitude to learn quickly.
- Shared Services