Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Oil & Gas - Onshore Gas
Planning / Scheduling
July 4, 2023
Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Planner/Scheduler to work on a 1-year contract in Calgary, AB.
The Intermediate Planner/Scheduler (P/S) will be accountable for planning a portfolio of projects, supporting Montney and Surmont assets. This position provides support mainly to the project management team (PMT), the project controls lead and the project services manager. Main deliverables include schedule development, progress, forecasting and reporting in accordance with the project controls plans and procedures.
The scheduler will apply their expert knowledge in the planning of all phases of complex industrial projects from conception to completion. They will ensure the integrity of schedules, forecasts and resources and implement periodic updates in accordance with project controls principles utilized within the Company Capital Projects organization.
The successful candidate will have extensive hands-on knowledge of the Primavera P6 software, EPC home office and site experience, and managing multiple schedules. This experience should span a range of projects with differing sizes and complexities.
In addition to the Company organization, this position will interact closely with other entities such as contractors, suppliers, vendors and subcontractors. Within Company and the other organizations, this position interacts and coordinates between multiple stakeholders, including but not limited to Plant Operations & Maintenance, Drilling & Completions, Engineering, Quality Management, Construction Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Contracts Administration, Procurement, Expediting, Transportation, and Logistics.
• Develop/Maintain schedules with adequate details and multiple levels to effectively control projects and report on progress to CMT.
• Build the activities logic sequencing and resource loading in P6 and continuously update them in an accurate and timely manner (weekly/Monthly).
• Develop project integrated schedules by linking and merging the Company activities with multiple schedules from all contractors and vendors.
• Maintain internal and external links of all schedules and properly integrate with other functions (Engineering, Drilling, Completion, Construction, CSU, Operations, etc.)
• Properly codes schedule activities to feed into different schedules and reports.
• Collaborate with the Company/Contractors to establish baselines, progress charts and histograms for safe successful execution.
• Ability to communicate changes to various stakeholders and recommend mitigations as needed.
• Track and analyze Contractors’ schedules, notify project managers of unapproved deviations/delays impacting projects completion.
• Attend contractors’ meetings, discuss concerns and overall project(s) strategies and expectations.
• Review 3 weeks resource lookaheads with the project team, modify plans as needed to reflect changes as discussed.
• Support site project control reports, KPIs, dashboards and ad-hoc reporting on a weekly basis.
• Assist in the development of procedures and guidelines to continually improve the scheduling processes.
• Effective communication with the multiple projects’ stakeholders to build and foster collaborative relationships.
• Work closely with the Project Services team to develop integrated progress, schedule and cost reports.
• Other duties as required and directed by the Project Controls Leads and/or the Project Services Manager.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in planning and scheduling of capital projects in the Oil & Gas industry.
• Minimum 3 years construction field experience.
• Proficient in the use of Primavera P6 and MS Office suite.
• Understanding of the Earned Value principles and how they apply to progress and forecasting of schedule activities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail, high level of accuracy and high sense of responsibility.
• Legally authorized to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions.
• Knowledge in the use of SiteView, SAP or OmegaPIMS will be considered as an asset.
• Preferably have a technical degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
• PMP Certification (or similar) will be considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Requirements
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong technical, interpersonal and team working skills.
• Demonstrated analytical skills.
• Efficiently prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• This role is based in the Calgary home office. Calgary office work schedule is 5 days per week, 8 hours per day, with optional work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays.
• Occasional travel might be required to Company assets in northern Alberta and B.C