Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Oil & Gas - Onshore Gas
Engineering & Design
June 20, 2023
Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is seeking a Plant I and C Engineer to work a 6-month contract in Calgary.
This person will provide collaborative engineering support and act as a cross-functional advocate for best practices in the selection, implementation, and operational support of the instrument and controls asset base to ensure that regulatory, production, and optimization objectives are met. This instrument and controls asset base includes instrumentation, measurement, and regulatory process control systems.
• Plant subject matter expert and technical contact point for Instrumentation and controls.
• Accountable for Instrumentation and controls documentation and processes within the facility
• Responsible for input to designs that provide the most reliable and cost-effective instrument & controls systems, as well as specifying and preparation of new equipment requirements.
• Responsible for technical opportunity management, project development, project execution and management of change for plant Instrument and controls small projects.
• Understands and leverages the application of instrumentation and controls regarding safety, mechanical integrity, design and maintenance standards
• Develop engineering work packages for the execution of small I&C opportunities.
• Provide instrumentation and controls technical support to production areas
• Work with control system engineers, maintenance supervisors, instrument technicians, and operations to establish priorities for work.
• Assist with training and development of operations regarding instrumentation and controls.
• Identify opportunities to improve plant operations and profitability through instrumentation and controls improvements.
• Provide support to the operation in the areas of HSE Standards, HAZOP reviews, and compliance to environmental commitments.
• Assist in the development and implementation of procedures, and engineering standards and specifications.
• Provide management, input and guidance on projects as assigned.
• Completion of a technologist diploma, or Engineering Degree in a related field with a minimum 10+ years of experience, preference will be given to candidates with Oil and Gas, petrochemical operating experience
• Instrument and control systems knowledge in a Heavy oil processing environment.
• Working knowledge of P&IDs, Loop and single line diagrams, Instrument datasheets
• Knowledge and experience with acceptance testing and commissioning of instrument and controls equipment and systems.
• Understands safety and mechanical integrity standards and maintains competence in these fields
• Occasional travel and coordination with site operation
• Strong commitment to safe work practices.
• Open-minded, innovative and a team player
• Demonstrated organizational abilities
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment
• Ability to manage your workload with minimal supervision, managing multiple projects and tasks in a dynamic team work environment.
• Demonstrates desire to use problem-solving skills