Start date: ASAP
Recruitment partner: Airswift
Account Director: Anthony Hughes
Our company, leader in Europe in roofing and waterproofing solutions for flat roofs and sloped roofs, is looking for a plant manager for our factory located in Mondoubleau.
This role is responsible for all manufacturing operations on site and contributes to the strategic direction of our End-2-End supply chain and is directly responsible for manufacturing, health and safety, quality and processes, and continuous improvement in the plant.
Key challenges for the coming years include the implementation and execution of an Industrial Savings Plan (ISP) and an ambitious transformation plan; Continuing to implement continuous improvement efforts across the plant perimeter, redefining/optimizing manufacturing operations and supply chain flows, improving overall safety standards, and effectively managing the team.
The main responsibilities of the position can be summarized as follows:
Health and safety
- Personally responsible for security and all safety-related matters.
- Promote health and safety at all times, displaying excellent personal safety and challenging others when unsafe behaviour is observed, implementing and controlling strict and effective SHEQ processes;
- Assume responsibility for health and safety throughout industrial operations, fostering a "safety first" culture;
- Link to the health and safety of the group.
People, Products and Planets – Fostering Sustainable Development
- Manage the site's sustainable development strategy
- Engage in key projects to improve the current state and achieve roadmap objectives
- Support all Group initiatives and establish a link with the BMI Green Team
- Ensure consistency and efficiency of manufacturing processes through the implementation of safe systems, the operational efficiency of all equipment, buildings and machinery, and the application of autonomous maintenance systems;
- Ensure that production targets are met and that machine efficiency, product quality and customer service are maximized through a strong culture of continuous improvement;
- Manage projects and control of given ISPs;
- Prepare, review and publish daily, weekly and monthly reports on production performance;
- Ensure all manufacturing activities are aligned and contribute to corporate and plant strategies and budgets
Performance and continuous improvement:
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles;
- Implement the "Factory Excellence" program
- Promote functional objectives and initiatives through key performance indicator measures, which are effectively monitored and challenged, where appropriate;
- With his team, identify the main levers to improve manufacturing activities: production capacity, quality, customer service, human resources;
- Ensure that industrial projects are successfully managed as part of annual investment projects;
Support the link between manufacturing, L&W, procurement planning, purchasing, product management and other core functions
- Act as a key member of the plant management team, sharing responsibility for driving the company's strategic vision and connecting with other parts of the organization;
- Set industrial objectives in line with business requirements and with a long-term perspective;
- Promote a strong internal client-centric strategy through excellent levels of service to businesses;
Staff and organizational development:
- Ensure staff productivity and development, and optimize organizational structures to support business objectives;
- Ensure that staff comply with company policies and procedures;
- Maintain healthy employee relations and discipline;
- Lead and promote a performance-oriented environment.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint another person to our growing company. We understand that you can't "tick all the boxes", but if you think you can offer valuable skills and experience to our company, please contact our recruitment partner Airswift first.