Location: England, Leicester
Industry: Building and Manufacturing
Start date: ASAP
Recruitment partner: Airswift
Recruiter: Lara Rapozo
Airswift are a Global recruitment & payrolling company, who are partnered with a European leader in building product manufacturing. We are supporting with some senior positions in their business, and we are currently looking for a Plant Manager to cover the plant located in South west England. This role is to manage and drive performance across the plant, with a focus on ensuring quality throughout the company. The company is going through a large transition at present and looking for strong leadership to help guide through this period of change.
The plant manager leads and manages a multi-disciplined site team to ensure that the plant's production operation achieves volume and quality targets. The plant manager is fully responsible for all manufacturing on site, and for implementing group national standards and systems. This role plays a pivotal role in the plant's overall performance objectives.
The plant manager is fully accountable for all aspects of the site's operations and will be expected to maintain and enhance group/national standards
- Delivery of best practice Health and Safety performance and compliance with legislation and key policies/procedures, as a minimum.
- To maximise return and work with the operational teams and wider group to improve overall operation efficiency, quality and output to exceed all key performance indicators.
- Ensure facility KPIs, such as availability, operation performance etc. are met and/or exceeded, including accurate reporting
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions whilst maintaining quality standards on all products.
- Daily Management of the facility including supervision and coaching of the senior staff and administration functions in-line with company procedures and systems
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities. Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Have a full and detailed knowledge of variances and use information to build improvement plans.
- Identify and collaborate with the key stakeholders in order to achieve maximum performance and overall operational excellence.
- Focus on product quality and line efficiency improvement
- Working closely with supporting functions as necessary including HR and Procurement
- Work with the national team to implement national purchasing and capital plans to ensure best value from materials, maintenance and capital expenditure.
- Accountable for all activities involving external contractors working on the site.
- 5+ years of Senior operational experience.
- Excellent Problem solver with lean/CI qualifications
- Experience of working in high volume manufacturing.
- Experience of SAP PM module (HANA/S4)Degree or an HNC/HND level qualification in engineering/manufacturing
- IOSH/ NEBOSH certificate
- Management experience in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communicator with proven leadership skills.
- Competent IT user.
- Proven ability to coach and develop individuals and teams.
- Experience of budget control
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint another person to our growing company. We know you can't "tick all the boxes", but if you think you can actually offer valuable skills and experience to our company, please contact our recruitment partner Airswift first.