Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek a Plant Operator, to join them on a 6-months contract to work in Foster Creek, AB.
- Operate the Facility in a safe and effective manner, while working collaboratively as part of the team
- Maintain and troubleshoot all area-specific equipment to optimize performance to meet production targets as per the facility guidelines.
- Perform condition monitoring including sampling and testing per area responsibilities, documented and act on results.
- Operational rounds including electronic Log entry of operator actions taken during the shift.
- Provide assistance, coaching, on-the-job training, and assessments to new employees as required.
- Support maintenance schedule by preparing equipment for planned work utilizing the LOTO procedure.
- Perform walkarounds, participate informal LOTO and HSE safety audits.
- Executes business improvements by assessing opportunities and challenging the status quo in support of the assets overall operational targets.
- Possess a 4th Class Power Engineer Certificate, with preference given to those holding a 3rd Class Certificate
- Minimum 1-year Operating experience
- Relevant experience in cyclic steam or SAGD thermal recovery heavy oil operations would be an asset.
- Proficiency with computers is required (experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, SAP, and a field data capture system would be considered an asset)
- Possess a valid Class 5 Drivers License (drivers abstract required)
- 7 days on, 7 days off (12 hour per day) - Wednesday to Tuesday, rotating days, and nights
- Full-service camp facility