We are currently recruiting for a Primary Design Engineer to be based in Melbourne for our client who operate predominately in the engineering and construction of substations and HV infrastructure in the renewable energy and power transmission industries.
Our client provides full turnkey HV solutions to their clients and are backed by a global owner company and have significant presence in Australia.
Location - Melbourne
Duration – Full time – Permanent
- Plan, execute and monitor projects and initiatives to complete design work on time and within budget, liaising with the secondary design team and the project teams to coordinate and manage project deadlines
- Create engineering designs compliant with standards and specifications.
- Assist with the preparation of tenders
- Assist with project management as required
- Assist with engineering, technical analysis and report generation.
- Assist with the commissioning of HV systems
- Assist with Project Management in specialist areas of expertise; provide technical and engineering assistance to Project Managers.
- Proactively ensure the processes and procedures for Primary Design are constantly improved to eliminate rework and shorten cycle time
- Primary: Substation primary system design, specification and documentation
- Overhead Lines: Overhead line design, specification and documentation
- Earthing design, specification, documentation and studies. Create conceptual designs for projects, including layout and infrastructure, keeping the customer appropriately informed of design choices
- Experience in the development of designs associated with HV primary systems including, cable/load flow and earthing studies
- Significant experience in substation design, including evidence of large substation projects and the ability to lead designs
- Evidence of high-level ability in the preparation of Engineering Drawings
- Experience in the application of:
- ISO900/QA processes and procedures, codes of practice and industry standards (AS 2067) industry practices for the construction of high voltage substations
- Experience in the use of CAD Software
- Ability to assist with the preparation of tenders
- Tertiary Qualifications in Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered / Professional Engineer (desirable)
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.