PRINCIPAL ELECTRICAL ENGINEER – MANCHESTER
Location: Hybrid – Remote / Manchester - role likely to be office based 2 - 3 days per week
Contract duration: 12-month contract / Permanent employment an option
Project: FEED for the construction of a chemicals plant
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Anthony Hughes
As a global leading provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Principal electrical engineer to join our team in Manchester, the role is a hybrid and can work from home 2-3 days a week. This is to work on a number of projects that include chemical, carbon capture & storage and green hydrogen.
The successful individual will be engaged on PAYE contract basis for an initial 12-month period, but they are open to taking on permanent members of staff if preferred, rates / salaries to be discussed.
Role Outline/ Responsibilities:
- Working on all aspects of electrical scope on large FEED
- Coordinating the electrical requirements with various disciplines
- Interface with Client team to align on scope, technical and operational requirements, and delivery of the design
- Responsible for the basis of design for the project
- Lead a team based in Manchester and India to produce key electrical documents such as:
- Load list
- Single Line diagrams and Protection & Metering diagrams
- Specifications and datasheets for Electrical equipment including Low and High Voltage Switchgear, Power Transformers and Power electronics (VSD's and Thyristor Controllers) and Power Management Systems
- Manage changes on the project in terms of scope, cost, and schedule
- Provide guidance and review of the electrical plant layout and cabling networks, evaluate above ground / below ground options
- Responsible for progress reporting and managing the electrical design budget
Qualifications & Key Requirements:
- 12+ years’ experience of Electrical Engineering
- Degree level qualification in Electrical Engineering; you should be either a Chartered Engineer or actively pursuing Chartered Engineer status with the appropriate Institute
- Ability to lead the Electrical discipline on projects including budget & schedule control / monitoring and reporting
- Experience of work-share execution including working with remote design teams is an advantage
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift.