Location: UK – hybrid working. Potential office locations include any from Manchester, London or Stockton-on-Tees.
Contract duration: initial 12 month assignment, potential to extend with approx. 3 years work on the project
Contract type: PAYE contract inside IR35 - hourly rate basis
Start Date: March 2023
Project: Northvolt US2 Battery Gigafactory Project
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Ryan Kirkpatrick
As a leading global provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be in a position to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans in 2022.
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Electrical Engineer to support a major EPCm to design, procure, build and support the commissioning for the Northvolt US2 Battery Gigafactory Project based in Skelleftea Sweden. The successful individual will be engaged on a PAYE contract basis, with an expected duration of 2-3 years’ work on the project.
- Lead electrical engineering on a large, fast-paced Battery Materials and Battery Manufacturing, Detailed Design project
- Lead team of electrical engineers to provide Construction and Commissioning support as the project progress to site
- Manage electrical engineering services that meet all applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Coordinating of all project electrical requirements with various disciplines and across multiple execution centres
- Liaise with Client and Project team to set execution strategy for delivering the electrical scope
- Manage a large team of Electrical Area Leads across the project to produce deliverables such as Load list, Equipment specifications and datasheets (incl Low and High Voltage Switchgear, Power Transformers, VSD's and Thyristor Controllers), SLDs, Protection & Metering diagrams, Cable Schedules, etc
- Liaise with client to determine optimal electrical generation and distribution configuration and lead the team to perform power system studies to validate the design
- Provide guidance and review of the electrical plant layout, space planning and electrical distribution and equipment layout requirements
- Liaise with client and procurement team to set up and manage a team of electrical requisition engineers to support as procurement activities for all electrical equipment and support input to other disciplines
- 15+ years’ experience of Electrical Engineering
- Preferably degree level qualification in Electrical Engineering; you should be either a Chartered Engineer or actively pursuing Chartered Engineer status with the appropriate Institute.
- Ability to lead the Electrical discipline on projects including budget & schedule control / monitoring and reporting
- Proven ability for equipment specification and selection and in ensuring compliance from the suppliers, preferably within an EPC contracting organisation including Technical Bid Analysis, Vendor drawing review and attendance at Factory Acceptance Tests
- Experience in managing fast track projects and dealing with change management on projects
- Experience of work-share execution including working with remote design teams is an advantage