Principal Electrical Engineer – Perth, WA
Our client is seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer to work within their facilities located in Perth, WA on a 12-month initial contract.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Principal Electrical Engineer to join our client's team based in Perth, WA.
As a Principal Electrical Engineer, you spearhead projects, communicate adeptly with stakeholders, and mentor team members. Leveraging your technical expertise and hands-on skills to drive success, this role offers a chance to shape the electrical engineering landscape, working collaboratively in a dynamic setting.
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with stakeholders, ensuring technical alignment and adherence to relevant standards.
- Lead and manage electrical engineering design projects, ranging from reviewing sustaining capital projects to taking the lead on major expansions.
- Review and assess project requirements, ensuring compliance with engineering standards and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the design, construction, and commissioning of HV powerlines, switchboards, MCCs, variable speed drives, and conduct power factory modelling and analysis.
- Collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams to ensure seamless project delivery and alignment with project objectives.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to a team of Electrical Engineers.
- Maintain effective communication channels with clients, internal teams, and stakeholders, providing updates, insights, and guidance throughout the project lifecycle.
What you will bring:
- A recognized engineering degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Preferred: Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) certification or equivalent professional accreditation.
- Extensive experience (12+ years) in electrical engineering design within the mining industry.
- Strong background in engineering design house environments, with a track record of successful project delivery.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enabling you to effectively interact with clients, internal teams, and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in designing HV powerlines, switchboards, MCCs, variable speed drives, and conducting power factory modelling and analysis.
- Broad knowledge and experience across various aspects of electrical engineering design.
- Ability to lead, guide, and mentor teams of Electrical Engineers.
- Results-driven mindset with an eye for detail, ensuring compliance, safety, and quality in all deliverables.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients.
With over 800 employees and 7,000 contractors operating in over 70 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details, or contact Patrick Chick via firstname.lastname@example.org or.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
AS Job Number: 1190805