Sector: Energy and Chemicals
*possible hybrid work with 2x per week from home
Contract duration: 12 months
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Limited company/Outside IR 35
The Principal Estimator will be responsible for the preparation of all classes of Capital Cost Estimates by the application of recognized methodologies and industry practices.
They will have extensive experience in onshore and offshore estimates in energy and chemicals markets including energy transition.
And work across a range of projects - from Plastic recycling plant, Refinery upgrades, Gas processing plants, FPSO and FLNG at pre FEED, FEED, Detailed Design and EPC stages.
- Define the estimating scope for a project and prepare an estimate plan of work, to identify all deliverables and interfaces with other disciplines to ensure planned completion and the estimate is developed in insufficient detail and is in accordance with good estimating practice.
Estimates should be:
- fully auditable.
- assessed for accuracy, uncertainties, risk, and contingencies.
- in accordance with the approved estimate plans.
- At the outset determine and implement the key factors required to deliver the overall quality and accuracy of the estimate including:
- equipment and material pricing basis
- material quantification
- construction basis
- professional services
- Ensure an estimate is constructed to provide accurate costs for all components in agreed project WBS and CBS.
- Ability to access and develop labor rates and productivity for global projects.
- Conduct detailed analysis and benchmarking to support final estimate.
- Manage and maintain all documentation received, used in the estimate to ensure auditability and back up of the estimate.
- Provide support with independent reviews of other estimates.
- Have an understanding and input into the cost risk assessment of a project.
- Manage input (schedule and quality) from engineering, procurement, and construction disciplines to ensure compliance with estimate plan and procedures to deliver compliant estimates.
- For an assigned project report to the Project Manager and responsible for directing and organizing and supervising assigned estimators
- Reporting to the Estimating Director at a department level
- Experience in Study, Pre-FEED, FEED and EPC estimates
- Competence and experience in detailed presentation of the estimate to clients and management
- Knowledge of all estimating techniques
- Must exercise skill in communications and interpersonal relationships with staff in
- Estimating and in other workgroups
- Knowledge and experience in estimating software including ACCE