PRINCIPAL INSTRUMENT ENGINEER – MANCHESTER
Location: Hybrid – Remote / Manchester - role likely to be office based 2 - 3 days per week
Contract duration: 12-month contract / Permanent employment an option
Project: FEED for the construction of a chemicals plant
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Anthony Hughes
As a global leading provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Instrument engineer to join our team in Manchester, the role is a hybrid and can work from home 2-3 days a week. This is to work on a number of projects that include chemical, carbon capture & storage and green hydrogen.
The successful individual will be engaged on PAYE contract basis for an initial 12-month period, but they are open to taking on permanent members of staff if preferred, rates / salaries to be discussed.
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
- Carry out work in accordance with Worley and project Healthy, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems.
- Maintain the required technical quality or work, Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with Change Control Process.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures, standards, and regulations.
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline.
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review.
- Maintain good communication with the Client and visit Assets when necessary.
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
- Experienced engineer with sound technical background and expertise
- Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards, and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Experienced in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Familiar with and competent in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting, and reporting
- Aware of commercial, contractual, and administrative aspects of engineering
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work
- Able to work with other disciplines and draughting sections to meet delivery dates
- Experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work
- Competent in design safety / environmental requirements, procedures, and responsibilities for both self and subordinates
- Capable of generating a co-operative team-based culture for groups under his control
- Able to take a lead in motivation, training, and ongoing education of subordinates
- Able to supervise and technically direct a small single discipline team of engineers and designers
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift.