Principal Mechanical Design Engineer (APAC) - Critical Infrastructure Project - Singapore
Airswift is seeking for a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer in Singapore responsible to develop mechanical services design for some of the most exciting data center projects in Asia Pacific
A global award-winning specialist in Critical Infrastructures, Enterprise Services and Facilities Management that provides innovative technical services for Data Centre, Connectivity, Fibre, Electrical, Mechanical and Building projects.
- Managing the mechanical team in delivering timely design reviews, answering client mechanical queries and providing technical guidance to all project stakeholders where required.
- Develops critical infrastructure/data center designs to ensure concurrent maintainability of HVAC systems in line with project requirements.
- Provides on-site leadership for mechanical project team by providing guidance on design, installation, commissioning, and handover of projects.
- Design Mechanical Systems and prepare Calculations and Schematic Drawings for MEP Disciplines in Data Center.
- Prepare Specifications, BOQ and all related Documentations.
- Plan and set out data center critical infrastructures / systems from concept leading to the detailed design stage.
- Support the business across its full professional services including design, consultancy, site supervision, testing & commissioning and auditing.
- Prepare and issue mechanical systems technical specifications to tender participants / contractors.
- Study tender documents and understand client requirements to be able to put together technical responses to tender bids, proposals and quotations.
- Able to design complete Fuel Distribution, Mechanical Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Fire Protection, and Emergency Voice Call system for Data Centres compliant for statutory submissions authority such as SCDF, BCA and NEA.
- B Eng Mechanical Engineer degree or similar.
- Extensive knowledge of data centers and mechanical system design quality control experience.
- Current or previous experience working in projects in Singapore/ APAC desirable
- Ability to carry out site surveys and develop concepts to schematic designs.
- Willingness to travel in the APAC region.