Principal Piping Designer – Perth, WA
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Principal Piping Designer to work within their facilities located in Perth, WA on a 12-month initial contract.
About the Client:
Our client is a top-class EPCM consultancy with an enviable reputation for maintaining their high standards in their delivery of a broad scope of services within the Australian resources market.
They have built a very successful global business off the back of consistently delivering a very high standard of work across their projects.
The business has a culture based around connecting teams of talented, high-performance people to deliver major cutting-edge projects across their chosen markets.
Due to a period of expansion, our client is seeking to add a Principal Piping Designer to join their Perth based team working on expansion projects within their refinery located south of Perth.
Reporting to the department manager, you will provide expert technical support, supervision and training to the piping design team to ensure that project delivery is met on time and within budget. It is envisaged you will have over 15 years’ experience within the piping discipline.
- Highly effective technical and practical design and drafting skills in the relevant discipline, and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the client and its customers.
- Understands how the business delivers value to shareholders, what drives profitability and what increases growth.
- Able to make difficult decisions and lead and manage others in changing business conditions.
- Excellent people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team.
- Excellent management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
- Effectively manages and resolves conflict between individuals and/or groups.
- Negotiates successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Ensure that the level of design work is appropriate for the complexity of the construction tasks.
- Ensure work done conforms to the applicable specifications, codes and standards.
What you will bring:
- Competent in the use of relevant software such as Microstation 2D & 3D and highly competent in the use of these design software.
- Experienced in Review of design works and perform tasks within the approved budgets
- Sound in Drafting, Details and conceptual works of Piping & Mechanical Design in Mineral Processing
- Sound experience on Piping & Mechanical Design in Mineral Processing route surveys, Study and Produce drawings, tie -in etc.
- Experienced in Material Take-off and Quantity Surveying, Bill of Materials etc.
- Knowledge and compliance with drafting procedures and drawing systems and applications.
- Knowledge of document control drawing systems.
- Alumina processing experience highly regarded.
- A recognized bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered.
For further information please contact Patrick Chick via +61 8 6146 4363 or firstname.lastname@example.org