PRINCIPAL PROCESS ENGINEER
Location: Brentford, UK – hybrid working arrangements available.
Contract duration: initial 12 month contract.
Contract type: PAYE contract inside IR35 - hourly rate basis
Start Date: ASAP
Project: Northvolt US2 Battery Gigafactory Project
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Ryan Kirkpatrick
As a leading global provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be in a position to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans in 2023.
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Process Engineer to be based in Brentford and support a major EPCm to design, procure, build and commission the Northvolt US2 Battery Gigafactory Project based in Skelleftea, Sweden. The successful individual will be engaged on a PAYE contract basis, with an expected duration of 2-3 years’ work on the project.
Our project will establish a large-scale lithium-ion battery factory in the Sweden (the “Battery Factory”). The Battery Factory will manufacture batteries for consumer and industrial products, including electric vehicles and solutions for energy storage systems. The Next Generation Upstream expansion is aimed at increasing the production of Cathode Active Material (CAM) for processing into battery cells in the different Downstream buildings. The first phase of the site is set to produce its first batteries by the end of 2022. The present scope of works concerns the expansion of the site to further enhance the battery production from 16 GWh to 61 GWh. In terms of CAM, the expansion takes the first phase production of 25,800 tonnes per annum to approximately 98,000 tonnes per annum.
- Manage process engineering services that meet statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage process engineering project requirements.
- Manage process engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the process engineering Lead on specific projects.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the business and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in process engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the process engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the process engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
Technical and Industry Experience
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the process engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and process engineering specific software.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in process engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognized and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.